Alcohol or Drug Addiction Treatment Self Assessment
Do you have a problem with drugs or alcohol? If you're asking the question, the odds are pretty good the answer is "yes". To help you get a clearer picture of your drug and alcohol use, review the following self-assessment quiz and answer each question honestly.
The Johns Hopkins University Hospital Alcohol Screening Quiz
- Do you lose time from work due to drinking/drugs?
- Is drinking/drugging making your home life unhappy?
- Do you drink/use drugs because you are shy with other people?
- Is drinking/drugging affecting your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after drinking/doing drugs?
- Have you had financial difficulties as a result of drinking/drugging?
- Does your drinking/drugging make you careless of your family's welfare?
- Do you turn to inferior companions and environments when drinking/drugging?
- Has your ambition decreased since drinking/doing drugs?
- Do you crave a drink/drug at a definite time daily?
- Do you want a drink/drug the next morning?
- Does drinking/drugging cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Has your efficiency decreased due to your drinking/doing drugs?
- Is drinking/drugging jeopardizing your job or business?
- Do you drink/use drugs to escape from worries or trouble?
- Do you drink/use drugs alone?
- Have you ever had a loss of memory as a result of drinking/using drugs?
- Has you physician ever treated you for drinking/drugging?
- Do you drink/use drugs to build up your self-confidence?
- Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of drinking/drug use?
If you answered "yes" to three or more of the questions, there is a strong possibility that your drinking/drugging patterns are detrimental to your health and that you may be alcohol dependent. You should get an evaluation of your drinking behavior by a healthcare or addiction professional.
"The Orchard gave me back my life. It will always rank near the top of any list of the best things I have done in my life." - John, Alberta
To schedule an assessment appointment with one of our drug and alcohol addiction counselors, please call us at 604-947-0420 or toll free at 1-866-233-2299.
Follow us on Facebook